1. PREPARE: Prepare an area about 24 inches square on a hard, flat surface, upon which you will place the components of Bella; it should be a surface you would be comfortable working from. Make sure it is located within 3 feet from a working power source with at least two available outlets.
2. UNBOX AND ACQUAINT: Unbox all of the components of Bella and place on your surface. If possible, retain all packaging for future storage or warranty fulfilment. Take some time to acquaint yourself before moving on.
- Bella is a 4 inch by 4 inch by 1.5 inch square black case.
- Some areas of the Bella unit have raised or indented plugs to cover unused jacks/ports and can be used as tactile markers when orienting yourself with the Bella unit. If these raised or indented plugs should come out, you can place them back in or leave out. Other than ease of use, the plugs do not affect the performance of Bella.
- The bottom has four raised, round plastic feet, one in each corner and the center is a vented area.
- The top has a small, round recessed power button.
Above it is a larger circle with the Bella logo that lights up when powered on. When holding Bella so that the power button is closest to you, this is considered the top front of the unit. The following describes the rest of the Bella unit as if you were holding it with the top front of the unit closest to you, and then turning the Bella unit to the side that is being described; always using the top front as a starting point.
- The left side is a vented area
- The right side has a rectangular indented area. Within this area, is a raised thin rectangular plug and to the right of it is a small round 3.5mm audio jack. This is where sound devices using a 3.5mm cable are connected, such as a speaker or headset.
- The back side has a square vented area on its right. In the middle is a raised square plug. Below this, is a small thin, rectangular USB port. To the left of it is second USB port, and above that is a third USB port. To the left of these is a square recessed area with a square indented plug. Above this is a very small rectangular power input port.
- The front side is flat with an EVAS Logo.
Power Cord with Adapter for the Bella Unit
- A thin, 5 foot cord with a two prong adapter on one end and a very small rectangular power plug on the other.
- EVAS offers a variety of keyboards that have been tested for their compatability and ease of use with Bella. The keyboard that was provided with your Bella unit was either from EVAS or from another party who acquired this for you.
- A standard, Windows-based US English QWERTY USB Keyboard without MultiMedia Keys should work with your Bella unit. It will normally have one long cable with a USB connection at one end.
- If you are unsure of which keyboard has been provided or would like to know if a specific keyboard has been tested by EVAS, feel free to call 800-872-3827 for assistance.
Speakers and/or Headset
- The Speakers and/or Headset that was provided with your Bella unit was either from EVAS or from another party who acquired this for you.
- Standard two piece stereo speakers with a 3.5mm connection should work with your Bella unit.
- Standard headsets with a 3.5mm connection should work with your Bella unit
- The two piece stereo speakers EVAS offers with Bella consists of two stereo speakers that have cabling connecting the two speakers to each other, and then one of the speakers has one long cable with a 3.5mm connection at its end. There is also a 6 foot cord with a two prong adapter on one end and a small round power plug on the other.
- The headset EVAS offers with Bella has one long cable with a 3.5mm connection at one end.
3. POSITION: While all the components of Bella can be placed at your convenience on your surface, the following is the best recommended positioning of these components.
- Place the keyboard, centered, within a few inches of the edge of your surface, closest to you.
- Hold Bella with the power button positioned on the top front, closest to you, and place it centered, behind the keyboard.
Power Cord with Adapter for the Bella Unit
- Place this next to the Bella Unit
- The following directions are exclusive to the Stereo Speakers that are provided by EVAS with the Bella unit. If you are using another speaker, the exact cords and plugs may be different. Place the speakers behind the keyboard, one on each side of the Bella unit along with their power cord and adapter.
- The following directions are exclusive to the Headsets that are provided by EVAS with the Bella unit. If you are using another headset, the exact cords and plugs may be different. Place the headset to either side of the Bella unit. You may want to position the Bella unit to the left or right of the keyboard so that once the headset is connected the cord will not go over the keyboard.
4. CONNECT: You are almost done! Follow these steps to connect all the components of Bella.
- Keyboard – Connect the keyboard’s USB cable to one of the three USB ports on the back of the Bella unit
- Headset – If you are using a headset instead of speakers, connect its 3.5mm cable to the 3.5mm jack on the right side of the Bella unit. Be aware of the cord so that it doesn’t go over the keyboard.
- Speakers – If you are using speakers instead of a headset, connect its 3.5mm cable to the 3.5mm jack on the right side of the Bella unit. Then plug the speakers’ power cord into the back of one of the speakers’ which has a round power port and then plug the two-prong adapter into a 110V electrical outlet.
- Power Cord with Adapter for the Bella Unit – Connect the small rectangular power plug to the power port on the back of the Bella unit and then plug the two-prong adapter into a 110V electrical outlet.
5. POWER ON AND OFF: Not all of the components of Bella have power buttons/dials, the following will describe those that do.
- Speakers – If you are using speakers instead of a headset, there is a small round raised dial on the front of one of the speakers, that when turned to the right, will click and be powered on. The more it is turned to the right, sound will get louder. The more it is turned to the left, sound will get quieter and can also be powered off.
- The Bella Unit – Firmly press and release the small round, indented power button on the top front of the Bella unit. There will be a click and a blue light will come on.
- Allow Bella to power up (which typically takes less than a minute). You will know when the unit is on when you hear Bella greet you. If you do not hear the greeting after several minutes, try turning the speakers’ volume dial right and left as you press any key on the keyboard to see if it is read out loud. Also try pressing the small round, indented power button on top front of the Bella unit again.
- When you are done using Bella, power it down by pressing the small round, indented power button on top front of the Bella unit for about 3 seconds. You will then hear a slight click when it has completed shutting down, the blue light on top of the Bella unit will blink and then also turn off. You can then turn off the speakers by turning the volume dial all the way towards the left until it clicks.
6. ORGANIZE: Two Velcro Cable Ties are included as an option to help organize the cables once you have completed set up. Simply gather cables and wrap a Velcro Tie around them to neatly manage.